There are many reasons for one to want to start a side business. Maybe you need money to pay your college tuition, or perhaps you hate your current corporate-slavery job and would like to branch out eventually by starting your own business and then building upon it. Well, fret not, because it’s more than possible. And it won’t even cost you that much! Moreover, after this, you’ll have a lot more to put on your resume without needing a CV writing service. There are several business opportunities because as the world progresses, there is an increasing demand for services. Let’s discuss our possibilities.
The following are some great businesses you can start in under $1000.
Cash in that mind power! Start a blog.
A great way to start a business is to begin writing a daily, or even weekly, blog. Blogs are a very flexible way to earn money due to the lack of restrictions when it comes to what you can write it. The best part is, it will cost you only about $4! Use websites like a blue host to start your blog. All you’ll need is a laptop and an internet connection to begin.
- Blogs are something you can write from anywhere and at any time. The saves travel expenses as well as a lot of time.
- It will cost you less than a one-time meal, and you’ll make way more off it! It’s one of the cheapest side businesses you could start.
Graphic designers are the new wave
Graphic design is everywhere. From advertisements to posters and banners in different campaigns, there is an endless amount of work waiting to be done in the field. And the best part is, the basics of it are straightforward to learn! You can further practice and improve your skills with time.
- All you’ll need for this is a cheap, beginner’s graphic tablet (about $40) and drawing software (monthly payments of about $12), and you’re good to go!
- It will cost you barely $100 overall to start, including the tablet, software and your internet connection. Free YouTube tutorials can teach you the rest!
Web design and development
As technology progresses, even the smallest businesses or companies use websites as a significant advertising tactic. Web designing can cost you as less as $100 because all you need is a good internet connection and a personal computer (anything you already have will work). If you don’t have one, you could get a laptop for around $500-700, and you’re good to go. The great thing to take advantage of because you can very quickly learn the necessary skills required to develop a user-friendly, visually pleasing application or website interface.
Put your expertise to use – teach online
Online teaching is a great way to utilize what you’ve already learned and put it to good use. A lot of kids, especially children that are home-schooled, require tuition. In recent times, online teachings over Skype have become very common, and the pay for it is decent enough, and the best part is, it will cost you nothing but a stable internet connection!
- Most online tuitions require you to teach online for one hour a day, about three days a week. It’s a pretty good deal for someone who is already working another job.
- All you need to invest in this job is some time, which means that as a side business, it’s very economically beneficial.
- You can even do it from your living room.
Start a Podcast
You won’t need much for this one, and the entire setup can be done in as less as $200. All you’ll need is a necessary microphone (starting from $20), a laptop or a computer (if you don’t have one, you can get a basic one for $500-$700), and that’s pretty much it! This setup would be more than enough for a beginner.
- The setup doesn’t require you to rent out a studio; you could even do it for free from your bedroom!
- The whole setup can very quickly be done in less than $1000.
Babysitting services are in demand
You’ve probably seen a whole bunch of ads for this, and that’s due to the fact that people are getting busier by the day. Babysitting services are high in demand, and they’re a great side business for anyone on a budget.
- All you need is fundamental things you keep children busy, according to the age group of the children you’re babysitting. Get a bunch of toys, snacks and games. The will most likely cost you less than $100, and you’ll make way more.
Help others out – local business consulting
A lot of new entrepreneurs need help starting their businesses because they don’t know exactly what to do to keep their ship afloat. Help them out! People are willing to pay for good advice from experienced people, and it’s easy to manage with your main job because it won’t take up too much of your time. It will cost you nothing and can even be done over the phone.
Social media needs managing
Small businesses are always looking for someone to manage their social media accounts. It’s of great importance because it helps you stay connected to your audience and keeps them updated on whatever you are doing. This could be a side business that you can do for different companies, maybe even freelance by making a video or two?
- Promotional videos are easy to make if you have the right skills.
- You don’t have to commit yourself to one brand.
- All you’ll need is an internet connection, basic skills for a few software’s that you can learn for free online and a computer. It will cost you nearly nothing to start this business!